Skip to main navigation Skip to main content
Queensland Student Hub homepage

Queensland Student Hub

Pandemic financial support for students

International students who are studying and working in Australia may be eligible to access financial assistance through pandemic financial support payments recently announced by the Australian Government. 

International students who are studying and working in Australia may be able to access financial assistance when they are:

  • required to self-isolate or are caring for someone with COVID-19 (Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment) or;
  • adversely affected by a state public health order and are required to be in lockdown for more than seven days (COVID-19 Disaster Payment).

Find more information on the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment


Find more information on the COVID-19 Disaster Payment


What is the Queensland Student Hub?

Welcome to the Queensland Student Hub!

The Queensland Student Hub is a Queensland Government online support service for international students. Here you can find everything you need to know about studying, working and living in Queensland.

Finding a job in Queensland

Working while you study provides extra income, hands-on work experience, can help improve your English language skills and benefit your career opportunities.

Learn about working in Queensland, your workplace rights, visa conditions and more.

Learn more

Support Services Available

  • Support Officers

    Talk to a student support officer.

  • QSH Network

    Visit a Queensland Student Hub.

  • 1800QSTUDY

    Call the international student hotline.


Employability is about more than just getting a job. Build your employability skills through Launch U! A Queensland Government backed employability program that gives you access to a wide variety of online and face-to-face employability experiences and programs.

Learn more

Friends laughing at an outdoor cafe drinking tea

Living and working in QLD

What's it like to live in Queensland? How do I find a job? What accommodation options are there? How do I organise a bank account? 

There are a lot of things to think about when you move abroad to study. Here you can find some more information on living and working in Queensland.

Learn more

Top frequently asked questions

View below for top frequently asked questions from students. Our FAQs page also provides more information on living and studying in Queensland.


Student Support

  • Regardless of your concern (in case of an emergency call 000) free Student Support Officers are available to international and domestic students on the Queensland Student Hub, Rainbow Hub, Gold Coast Student Hub and Cairns Student Hub. Alternatively, 1800QSTUDY is a 24/7 hotline available to students who are studying in Queensland.

Student Support

  • The Queensland Student Hub Network offers a range of support services for international students living in Queensland. These include the Queensland Student Hub, Rainbow Hub, Gold Coast Student Hub and 1800QSTUDY (1800 778 839).


  • The Department of Home Affairs is a great resource for advice, support and information regarding changing or extending your student visa. While you can apply for a new visa yourself, there are also registered migration agents who can assist you.


  • Depending on where and how you choose to visit a doctor in Queensland the cost to you will differ. The price to you will be at the discretion of the doctor you see. You will be required to pay for your medical visit up front. 

    OSHC is insurance for international students that covers the costs of any medical care required while in Australia. This type of insurance will cover basic, general medical and hospital treatment and provides limited cover for pharmaceuticals and ambulance services.

    Remember to bring your OSHC membership card to present with payment and keep all receipts if you plan to make a claim to your OSHC.

Student support