There is a lot of information out there about COVID-19 and we know this can be a bit confusing and overwhelming. We have put together a quick and simple list of resources we hope will help you stay up-to-date with the latest announcements, restrictions and advice. Have we missed a COVID-19 resource that you have found really useful? Send us a message on Facebook so we can share this with other Queensland students!
Easy to read and translated resources
If you have questions about COVID-19, you can now talk to friendly multilingual helpline staff by calling the Multicultural Connect Line on 1300 079 020. The Multicultural Connect Line is a Queensland-wide service that has been introduced to support people from multicultural backgrounds whose lives have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Australian Government has created easy to read coronavirus resources available in PDF format to download and print:
- What is coronavirus? (PDF)
- 5 things to do right now (PDF)
- What you need to know (PDF)
- Social Distancing (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Queensland Health has developed a number of translated resources in many languages - to help keep things simple, you can filter the resources by language. You can find these resources on the Queensland Health website here.
You can also find a list of 'Practical tips to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19)' from Queensland Health here.
COVID-19 testing centres
Did you know COVID-19 testing is FREE if you get tested at a public clinic? No matter how mild your symptoms are, if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 you should get tested as soon as possible. The Queensland Government has developed an interactive map to help you find your nearest COVID-19 testing centre. You can find the map here. You can find more information about COVID-19 testing on our blog here.
The latest information
You can stay up to date with the latest hotspots and restrictions here.
Contact tracing alerts
You can find a list of locations, dates and times that Queensland has raised current contact tracing alerts for, and other related public health advice here.
For the latest updates on Australia's international immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit the Department of Home Affairs website here.
For the latest updates on Queensland's border restrictions, visit the Queensland Government website here.
Other useful links
- Australian Government | Up to Date Coronavirus Health Alert
- Australian Government | Latest Prime Minister Media Releases
- Department of Health | COVID-19 Resources
- Department of Home Affairs | Information for Visa Holders
- Department of Education, Skills and Employment | FAQs for International Students
- Fair Work Ombudsman | Information on your work rights
- Insider Guides | COVID-19 Resource Hub
- Queensland Government | Job Finder
- Study in Australia | Latest Information for Students and Agents
- 1800 QSTUDY | Advice on available support services for students